Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Brawl erupts over Easter candy

Brawl erupts over Easter candy


This reminds me of the good old days back when I was a kid and Mom and I would quietly sneak out of the house after my brother and sister were asleep to troll 1980's Hattiesburg for Easter candy in order to make Easter baskets before sunrise. 


Mom drove us to some craaaazy places in search of chocolate bunnies and marshmallow chicks after midnight on the Saturday before Easter. There were no 24hr Walmarts or late night grocery stores, just some seriously out of the way gas stations and I swear one year Mom found a trucker selling holiday candy out of his trailer by the old Krystal's on Hwy 49 at 3am, that was a free-for-all! 


Oh, the memories...

2 comments:

  1. This is why we do Easter shopping when they put it out at the store! Better selection, and less crazy people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mom and Dad tried buying ahead of time but ended up eating it all before the big day every time. Hence, "Oh no, tomorrow's Easter and we don't have any candy...or baskets!"

    ReplyDelete