Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Will Tom Hanks & Stephen Colbert be starring in "No Dingos At the Mall?"

 &   

Tom Hanks needs to make a zany comedy with Stephen Colbert. I realize that no one likes Tom Hank's zany comedies except me, his wife Rita and 6 people from Ohio but it's been over a decade perhaps even two decades since the last one. It's time!

I miss the ridiculousness of such diamonds in the rough as "Volunteers," "Bosom Buddies," "Splash," "The Money Pit," and my favorite bit of over-the-top humor disguised as Res Ipsa Loquitur: "Joe Versus the Volcano."

I need a new movie in the spirit of "Some Like It Hot" and "A Flea in Her Ear." The market is over run with incipient dramas and intellectual comedies. I need some earnest silliness with a warm but lighthearted ending.

Perhaps what I'm really saying is I need to see handsome, intelligent, funny men wearing dresses and/or talking in silly voices running around possibly even slamming doors.

Please say that the days of those kind of Saturday matinee flicks aren't over. Pretty please with sprinkles?

No comments:

Post a Comment