Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Burrow Day!

When Cassi started celebrating Burrow Day this morning by trying to burrow back under the covers of my freshly made bed, my brother Tom chuckled at her antics. "What's so funny, Tom?" I asked. "Cassi just got out of bed a little while ago and already she wants to get back in." He replied. "Cassi's celebrating Burrow Day in the traditional manner by staying under the covers, of course." I further explained.

In a skeptical tone Tom asked me to explain Burrow Day.

Burrow Day is the day when all the little baby dachshund puppies burrow into holes so all the little baby badgers can bait them out. All the baby dachshunds and all the baby badgers have a great time playing this game back and forth all day. And all the grown-up dachshunds stay under the covers in their homes in celebration of this great holiday. It's a big holiday in the dachshund world.

Tom still doesn't believe me and I don't understand his surprising religious intolerance. Oh well, to each their own.

And to all the little baby dachshund puppies and all the little baby badgers, Happy Burrow Day, you little rascals!



Here's a picture of Cassi during her Burrow Day celebration.

2 comments:

  1. And you think just because it's 64 degrees in the house doesn't add to Cassie's motivation to stay warm between layers of comforters. Burrow Day! Humbug! The dog's freezing b-r-r-r-r, just like me, a distant relative of hers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put some socks on! Try exercising, it'll warm you up.

    ReplyDelete