Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Text Messages From The Edge

I tested out posting blog updates from my phone while on a day trip to Louisiana.  

10:08 AM 
Today is brought to you by the 112th installment of "Adventures Taking Mom to Her Out-of-Town Medical Appointments" Expect several text messages from The Edge.

11:25 AM

I'm napping in the back of the car while Mom drives and Tom entertains with stories. Mom steers using a modified swerving technique. Tom is my Canary in The Mine, if he starts screaming I know I need to brace myself for the impact.

3:33 PM
Have you ever heard anyone say, "Those two couldn't find their way out of a paper bag with a map and written directions"?

3:37 PM
Now we're on our way back to Mississippi. I'm laying down in the back of the car again in order to keep the naked fear and horror off my face. Again.

One day of practice has not made me an expert at phone blogging but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Thankfully, we made it back in more or less same pieces that we left in. Excuse me while I go off to find my happy place or at least somewhere without any swerving or honking.


No comments:

Post a Comment