Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Gems from my mother

Mom emailed me:


"I don't know who is watching the Kagan Supreme Court hearings, but here is a priceless story that a friend sent me. Enjoy.


"At Kagan's hearing, Lindsey Graham prefaced a question about Miranda rights for the Detroit Xmas Day bomber with "Where were you on Christmas Day?" Kagan looked startled and then said, "I suppose like all Jews I was at a Chinese restaurant."  Graham scrambled to recover, having forgotten whom he was talking to when he raised the question."

{{HUGS}}

Mom"



Chinese food and a movie is my favorite way to spend Christmas Day, too. Mom likes to bake a chocolate cake for Jesus's birthday. Our family's most popular theological debate is over whether Jesus would have preferred chocolate or some other type of birthday cake. Other popular contenders include, strawberry, carrot, orange and honey nut. The decades long debate rages on...

No comments:

Post a Comment